The following article includes guidelines for maintaining the Nordsense device and potentially contaminated surface used for sensor installation.
Suggested frequency of sensor cleaning
- The cleaning frequency is highly dependent on a variety of factors such as, content in the bin, weather conditions, how actively the bin is used, etc. The Nordsense Solution will detect sensors with potential issues, in order to allow you to perform targeted cleaning routines.
- Generally, a periodic cleaning routine every 6-12 months is recommended.
- Ultra-fine microfiber cloth used for lenses and eye-wear is the best choice for cleaning contaminated sensor.
As a cleaning agent, our suggestion is to use isopropyl alcohol mentioned in the Tools for Setup article.
Sensor cleaning procedure
- Dip the cloth in the cleaning solution and squeeze any excess liquid to keep the cloth only slightly wet.
- Swipe the sensor lens with the cloth to remove any possible debris or contamination.
- Swipe again the area with a dry cloth (optional).
- Ensure that there are no visible impurities left on the lens.
Contaminated surface cleaning procedure
- To ensure that surface is ready for cleaning, make sure that it is smooth and there are no obstacles in a shape of solid impurities, which could potentially interfere or disturb device's installation.
- If there are any solid impurities on the surface, use the sandpaper mentioned in the Tools for Setup article to polish the surface.
- Slightly apply the cleaning agent mentioned in the Tools for Setup article on the microfiber cloth to remove any possible debris or contamination on the polished surface.
- Swipe again the surface with a dry cloth (optional).
- Ensure that surface is as less as possible contaminated.
Nordsense takes no responsibility for the installation and maintenance of Nordsense device. The above information is to be considered a recommendation and does not represent any warranties from Nordsense.