It is necessary to have at least one container type created in NS Platform, as you will be asked to select a container type during the sensor activation in NS Walker app.
Steps to create a Content type:
- Click on Container types under containers in the left side menu
- Click on the blue button Create Container Type button, located on the top right corner.
- Fill the Basic info step:
- Lift type: means how the container is emptied.
- Accelerometer enabled: if on, the sensor will be awaken if a horizontal tilt occurs, generating an empty event.
-Track container position: if on, the sensor's GPS is enabled, allowing to get an approximate location it in case of displacement. Note that this option can decrease battery life.
- Fill the Dimensions step:
- Sensor location: Choose wether the sensor is located on the top (e.g. on the lid) or the side, and choose the appropriate angle (Sensor Angle).
- Capacity Height means the internal height of the container (or height of an internal bucket).
- Device Offset means the distance between the sensor window and the top of the container body.
- Hit Create to save and close the window. You will be able to see the created container type in the page.